Patriot Day – September 11

Patriot Day marks one of the most tragic events to ever occur on American soil. These educational resources memorialize that event and the victims lost on that day. The resources are in alphabetical order according to the resource titles. If you find a broken link or have a resource to share with other parents please use the contact tab.

Cheap is good, free is better! It is my endeavor to locate no-cost resources for parents but occasionally some websites will charge some type of membership fees or subscription. Ultimately, it is the parent’s responsibility to monitor their child’s online activities.

To view more information, hover your cursor over each link.

Visitors enjoyed the observation deck view of New York, New Jersey and surrounding areas prior to the terrorist attacks.

9/11 Lesson Plans

9/11 Commemorations and Memorials – Honoring Victims

9/11 Memorial – Visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum

9-11 Tenth Year Commemoration – In Memory

America Responds

Featured Drawings

Flight 93

Guide to Websites

Muslim Victims of 9/11 Attack

National Day of Service and Remembrance, September 11, 2013

Newseum – Today’s Front Pages Wednesday, September 12, 2001

Nine Lives, 10 Years Later – The Skeptic Who Was There

The cityscape was forever changed as a lingering reminder that life would never be quite the same.

One World Trade Center: how New York tried to rebuild its soul

Patriot Day

Patriot Day

Patriot Day

Patriot Day

Patriot Day Activities

Patriot Day in United States

Pentagon Tours and Memorial

Presidential Proclamation — Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, 2012

Public Law 107–89-Dec. 18, 2001

Quotations for Patriot Day

Remembering 9/11

Remembering September 11

Sacred Ground – Remembering the Victims

September 11, 2001: Thirteenth Anniversary

The memorial lights were a reminder that America is strong and would rise again.

September 11, 2001 Victims

The September 11 Digital Archive

Today in History: September 11

Victims of the World Trade Center Attack

Witness and Response: September 11 Acquisitions at the Library of Congress

VIDEOS

9/11 – September 11th 2001 Attack on the World Trade Center

9/11 13th Anniversary Commemoration 2014, The World Trade Center, Historical, Documentary, Tribute

The new skyscraper replaces the former Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, taking its place in the skyline.

9/11 – The Collapse Of World Trade Center Towers

9 11 – World Trade Center Attack – LIVE News

9-11 WTC Attacks Original Sound. Steve Vigilante

America The Beautiful

Inside World Trade Center During Attack 9/11 North Tower

It’s Our Flag

New Video First Plane Hit Tower 9 11 9/11 Terrorist Terror Attack World Trade Center September 11

Official One World Trade Center Time-Lapse 2004-2013

Patriot Day

Patriot Day Ceremony

September 11th

September 11 Patriot Day Tribute – 10th Anniversary

What So Proudly We Hail

The Memorial Fountain on the footprints of the original World Trade Towers provides a peaceful area for victims’ families and others to remember and reflect.

NOTE: If you have links to suggest for inclusion or if you find a broken link, use the contact page.

PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of Lars Plougmann Under Flicker/CC License.
PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of Wally Gobetz Under Flicker/CC License.
PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of MarineCorps NewYork Under Flicker/CC License.
PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of gigi_nyc Under Flicker/CC License.
PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of Justin Brown Under Flicker/CC License.

Website: PA-OF-NJ.org

Facebook: Parent Rap – Soup To Nuts

Website: ParentsAnonymous.org

This entry was posted in Holiday, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Patriot Day – September 11

1. Beautiful photos and very moving!!

Thank you very much for that. I think my favorite photo here is the one on the observation deck, but they are all moving. I am still touched when I see the Twin Towers in old movies. Thank you again.

2. Great information. A wonderful job of research. I will even use some for grands. Hugs, Barbara

Thank you, Barbara. I know 9/11 was a big blow to America as well as other countries and it is good t remember. I used to photograph gravestones and the one I came across left me with quite a chill. Thank you again, Barbara. ❤

• It made me realize why my father was so upset about Pearl Harbor. The light came on. Hugs, Barbara

The 9/11 event is one of those times where everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news. Being here in Jersey, many people know people were lost or have stories about that day. September 11th will forever be a tragedy for all of America and we lost our feeling of security that day. When I saw the 2nd plane hit I told my girlfriend on the phone that our world had forever changed. That was my “light.”

• Yep. May we have no more. Hugs, Hugs, Barbara

3. annetbell says:

Reblogged this on TalesAlongTheWay and commented:
    Thanks Jackie for this resource information.

Thank you, the various sources – even for teaching children about it – are for everyone.

• annetbell says:

I retired in 2012 in order to go to India in 1/13, but every year while I was in the classroom I told my 9/11 story which I will post tomorrow.Then I would take the kids mostly 3rd graders to the computer lab to see the images. I think it was 2010 or 2011 when the real images were included of the poor souls who choose to jump were available to see. I tried to be age appropriate and never had any parents complain. You are so right. . . “the day all peoples of the world were one!”

Because you are a teacher you were sensitive to the kids’ needs for knowledge yet showing the sheer brutality of the act. Seeing the people falling was definitely teaching empathy.

That morning I was getting ready for a meeting and saw on the Today Show as the planes hit the buildings. I went to the meeting in Freehold, NJ very upset. Some of the members in the meeting knew people who worked there and one’s grandfather in NY was watching out the building when the planes hit. I went home and picked up one daughter from high school and the other from Rutgers University since all classes were cancelled. It was a terrible day, but for once, we were one in our sadness and fear. Thank you for sharing that story. ❤

• annetbell says:

Thank you for sharing with me. Another day of heartbreak (I remember Kennedy’s assassination) where our hearts were broken and all innocence faded into the darkness of this world .

You are absolutely right about that! ❤

4. annetbell says:

Thanks for sending me this information. i reblogged it!

5. Thanks for the follow. I wanted to welcome you to my magical blog. I am so honored that when you stopped by, you found the content to be something you wated to follow and read more of.
    I hope that I can continue to deliver content that will uplift you.

I must tell you… I worship artistic people!!! Seriously, I love art, the creation of art and the people who put it all together. I look forward to each and every post! ❤