- Could Parents Anonymous Have Helped My Mother?
- When You See Child Abuse In Public
- The Passage of Time: A Message for Parents
- Why Is Parenting So Difficult?
- Tips On Change
- Preventing Parent Deafness
- Personal Safety Tips For Children
- Benefits of Good Manners
- Customs, Traditions and Rituals
- Breathing to Calm Myself
- What Is The Number One Life Skill Kids Need?
- Back-To-School Tips
- Call Out Racism Where It Lives
- “YOU Are A Terrible Person!”
- Bragging Parents Not Welcome
- Making the Best Use of Group Time
- Edicts to Last a Lifetime
- Discarded Wallet
- Mom vs. Dad Parenting Articles
- Toddler Tantrums: Parent Survival Tips
- Parental Perspectives
- Marvin Marshall’s Discipline Without Stress
- Snooping, Yes or No?
- Chores: Let Kids Do What Works
- Parents Taking Liberties
- Instructions: Be Clear and Concise
- Two Tricks My Mother Played Well
- When is a good time to join Parents Anonymous?
- Warning: Easter Sugar Overload!
- Dangers (Toddlers) Underfoot In The Kitchen
Category Archives: Random Thoughts
“Parents Anonymous is the greatest thing since sliced bread,” I’d say, and the next question is, “If it works so well, then why did you attend for so long?” By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | October 5, 2014 The answer to … Continue reading
Traveling abroad enriches the mind in unexpected ways just as it did for my own daughter. By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | February 1, 2014 My daughter Katie studied art in Italy for a year. She had taught herself to play … Continue reading
Unable to concentrate on my writing, I search for a way to cope with black reality and to go on after the stunning verdict in the Zimmerman trial. By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | July 17, 2013 As hot as it … Continue reading
The non-violence and anti-spanking PSAs here can be saved and redistributed on Facebook, by electronic means or in printed materials as well. The PSAs may be changed in size to fit printed materials or for any other electronic media. I … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | February 28, 2013 Volunteering on the Parents Anonymous Family Helpline is a little like being the Wizard of Oz. We always tell people who call the line that we are not trained counselors but that … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | May 30, 2012 My family and I went to Emley’s Cemetery in Imlaystown to pursue our hobby of ‘graving.’ While we were there taking photos of the different stones I remembered a question from many … Continue reading