- Could Parents Anonymous Have Helped My Mother?
- When You See Child Abuse In Public
- The Passage of Time: A Message for Parents
- Why Is Parenting So Difficult?
- Tips On Change
- Preventing Parent Deafness
- Personal Safety Tips For Children
- Benefits of Good Manners
- Customs, Traditions and Rituals
- Breathing to Calm Myself
- What Is The Number One Life Skill Kids Need?
- Back-To-School Tips
- Call Out Racism Where It Lives
- “YOU Are A Terrible Person!”
- Bragging Parents Not Welcome
- Making the Best Use of Group Time
- Edicts to Last a Lifetime
- Discarded Wallet
- Mom vs. Dad Parenting Articles
- Toddler Tantrums: Parent Survival Tips
- Parental Perspectives
- Marvin Marshall’s Discipline Without Stress
- Snooping, Yes or No?
- Chores: Let Kids Do What Works
- Parents Taking Liberties
- Instructions: Be Clear and Concise
- Two Tricks My Mother Played Well
- When is a good time to join Parents Anonymous?
- Warning: Easter Sugar Overload!
- Dangers (Toddlers) Underfoot In The Kitchen
Tag Archives: back-to-school
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | June 18, 2014 In our Parents Anonymous Group we parents often wondered aloud how our children would ever survive in the real world: Will they be able to manage money? Will they learn to cook … Continue reading
Perspective on any situation can become a valuable eye-opening tool. By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | October 9, 2013 As parents we want our households to run smoothly but that does not always happen. While I was wearing my Mom hat … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 21, 2013 Classes will begin soon if they haven’t already. Discuss expectations for the upcoming year noting accomplishments and successes from the previous year. Keep discussion upbeat and positive. It is going to be … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | September 20, 2012 Chores teach lifelong skills and values that cannot be bought. TIPS The word ‘Chore’ can be changed to: Duty, Task, Obligation, Service, Work, Toil, Job or Responsibility. Pick a word! Simply changing … Continue reading
You are a parent looking for help and support but you are not quite sure if a Parents Anonymous Group is for you. By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | September 18, 2012 Here are a few reasons a Parents Anonymous Group … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 29, 2012 We know self esteem is a person’s view of themselves or their worth. We also know a child’s view of their self worth can be increased or decreased by the way a … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 25, 2012 Parents have a cleverly keen ability to see into the future when it comes to our kids. When our kids have a pretty serious fight among siblings we automatically project to the … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 23, 2012 Some kids love going to school, and unfortunately some do not. Goal setting can help but many have difficulty connecting the now to the future job and earning power. Here is a … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 14, 2012 People tell me my ‘southern’ comes out when I’m mad but some time back I could have spit nails in Walmart over the stupidest thing. We were shopping for back-to-school supplies and … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 7, 2012 If your children didn’t do everything they planned for summer, don’t worry. There will be more summers in the foreseeable future. Think of summer as the dessert culminating a long feast; August … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | July 29, 2012 The school year is a new beginning for our children. Have you completed the kid’s physicals and checkups yet? Getting it done in summer means there will be less interruptions during their school … Continue reading