- Could Parents Anonymous Have Helped My Mother?
- When You See Child Abuse In Public
- The Passage of Time: A Message for Parents
- Why Is Parenting So Difficult?
- Tips On Change
- Preventing Parent Deafness
- Personal Safety Tips For Children
- Benefits of Good Manners
- Customs, Traditions and Rituals
- Breathing to Calm Myself
- What Is The Number One Life Skill Kids Need?
- Back-To-School Tips
- Call Out Racism Where It Lives
- “YOU Are A Terrible Person!”
- Bragging Parents Not Welcome
- Making the Best Use of Group Time
- Edicts to Last a Lifetime
- Discarded Wallet
- Mom vs. Dad Parenting Articles
- Toddler Tantrums: Parent Survival Tips
- Parental Perspectives
- Marvin Marshall’s Discipline Without Stress
- Snooping, Yes or No?
- Chores: Let Kids Do What Works
- Parents Taking Liberties
- Instructions: Be Clear and Concise
- Two Tricks My Mother Played Well
- When is a good time to join Parents Anonymous?
- Warning: Easter Sugar Overload!
- Dangers (Toddlers) Underfoot In The Kitchen
Tag Archives: calm
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 19, 2015 Getting calm when I was angry was difficult but it was important for my children to be safe. Anger used to slip up on me until I learned to recognize the signs. … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | February 11, 2015 Anger can steal your peace of mind and add untold stress to our lives. There are many things I would not do when I am angry: Drive a car, answer the phone, … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | August 13, 2014 Shopping for a vehicle when you are in a hurry is risky business. Driving 65 mph in a school zone is tempting fate. Pushing firefighters aside to run into a burning building … Continue reading
By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | January 8, 2014 There are lessons to be learned around us all the time. My friend Ana and I discuss many things and I am always surprised at her gentleness and composure in the face … Continue reading
When you get a puppy you teach them to be housebroken, to sit, stay, down and heel— kids need training too. By Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | December 13, 2013 Hilda, an 86-year-old member in my Parents Anonymous group, had reared several … Continue reading
Jackie Saulmon Ramirez | July 29, 2012 August and back-to-school is lurking just around the corner. (Wipe those smiles off your faces!) Back-to-school is a favorite time of year for me too. Many schools send kids home with summer assignments … Continue reading